Choosing a custom or vanity URL is totally optional, but it adds an extra level of professionalism and gives you a shorter, more memorable Facebook address. When you initially open an account, the system will automatically assign you a unique URL that’s generally made up of random numbers and letters. I suggest replacing this string with a URL that uses your name thus it becomes much easier to remember and locate you on the Facebook platform. I customized mine to be: www.facebook.com/MarcMencher How to Get a Custom URL:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Head to facebook.com/username to pick out a custom URL for your page.
- Alter the assigned URL to some combination of your name. If you have a common name you may have to get creative to find an available URL. Remember to keep the URL short and sweet and as close to your name as possible.
- Make sure your new URL is easy to pronounce, spell, and remember.
Don’t add “.com” to the end.
- Be careful what you choose as your username/URL, because you can’t edit or delete it once you claim it!