Job Hunting – Your LinkedIn Profile – Final Tips
- Become an Author – LinkedIn’s allows all users to write and publish their work. Share your perspective on what’s going on in your industry. Discuss issues facing folks in your career specialty. Talk about using new technologies, etc. This is a GREAT way to get noticed on LinkedIn and establish yourself as an expert.
- Check Spelling & Grammar!
- Link Your Job to The Company – If your current or past companies where you have worked have a Company LinkedIn page, make sure you properly link this page to your profile. This way the company logo will show on your profile and your profile will also show up if someone searches past or present employees of that company.
- Manage Your Endorsements - Endorsements can be a great way to show off your skills. The way to get Endorsements working for you is to keep your skills updated. As you develop new skills, drop outdated skills from your profile.
- Add Supporting Information – LinkedIn allows you to upload images, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files to specific jobs. These can be used to support what you have written in your job description.
- Add Projects, Volunteer Experiences, or Languages – Do you speak a foreign language? Have a specialized certification? Learning something new? Add these types of things to your profile.