Job Titles don’t really tell the full story of what you do, therefore work experience descriptions are important. I am not a fan of trying to get my profile to exactly mirror my resume. A resume is too much data to share. Most people are interested in quickly checking you out. You have less than ~1 minute of their attention, so I try to create a profile that with a glance establishes credibility and communicates my value and ability. Use this space to summarize some of your achievements in each of the jobs you have held. Suggestions:
- Tell a succinct story of how you did it and back it up with facts or figures.
- Use the keywords and industry jargon.
- Describe what you do, using action words such as led, grew, managed, etc.
- Use the present tense for your current job and past tense for previous jobs.
- Don’t overdo Bulletizing or Bolding. Don’t make your profile daunting to read!